Friday 5 April 2013

Carpe Diem: Cancer

This is my sign

Cancer the Crab - 69
Cancer is the Crab
soft shell are hard to get this
far from the ocean.

I can think of a 
better use of 69
than my horoscope

Hard outer shell but
soft and delicate inside
likes buttering up

Crabby paddy is
a treat for Sponge Bob Square Pants
too much kids TV

Too much kids TV
wears away at my patience
and makes me crabby

Chemotherapy
blasting away at cancer
live to fight again.

Seafood, sex, disease
personality, TV
stick a fork in crab 





16 comments:

  1. tasty crustacean
    in compromised position
    a sign of the times

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, I have different associations with Cancer (The Crab), but these haiku are all well crafted. PS. I am an oncology-nurse so cancer has a different meaning to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks K - interesting how we all have different reference points ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the beauty of writing and especially reading haiku!

      Delete
  4. I have tried to submit mine - but I have too many characters it seems ;-( I like you Sam an a Cancerian- tough on the outside and mushy on the inside hey? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *are Cancerian - it's late here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes being a cancer is not always easy :)

      Delete
  6. abundant of varied haiku ~ well done ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL your haiku on 69, hilarious
    great set! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping for a visit. You comments are appreciated.