Wednesday 10 April 2013

Five Sentence FIction - Edge

Lillie McFerrin Writes
This is my first shot at Five Sentence Fiction. I am a little overwhelmed with (and addicted to) all the meme's and prompts out there but as I am committed to all things Edgy I couldn't resist.



Jack had been writing for three days and three nights. He had barely taken a break to eat, only stopping to refill his coffee and use the bathroom. The words flowed from his fingertips onto the keyboard as if he were a channel of divine inspiration. He knew he was on the edge of something great. As he typed the last word of his masterpiece he lifted a steaming hot fresh cup of coffee to his lips ... and spilled it all over the laptop. 

by Sam Edge

20 comments:

  1. You conveyed the story and feeling perfectly in 5 sentences. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas of 2011 I lost my 6 month old MacBook Pro when I spilled a glass of water on the key board. The computer as destroyed but I was able to save almost everything on the hard drive the hard drive - about 15 years of my life. I still lost all contacts, e-mails and some working porjects. My business never fully recovered from that.

      Delete
  2. Every writer's nightmare! I hope he has a good computer tech on hand for file retrieval.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry! Quite relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that picture freaks me out just looking at it.

      Delete
  4. I will be exceedingly careful with my glass of cheap red wine.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! Can so see that happening!
    Scott
    Mine: http://kindredspirit23.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/five-sentence-fiction-prompt-edge-4112013/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lost masterpiece to the dam coffee :( Ouch. Nice to see you here. My first go at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man! How terrible! :) Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This broke my heart a little!!! Thanks so much for writing with us. Welcome to FSF :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was great fun see you next FSF!

      Delete
  10. Ha ha! FABULOUS!! What a terrific piece! LOVED the ending. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping for a visit. You comments are appreciated.