Thursday 18 April 2013

Carpe Diem: Treasure


I haven't been writing Haiku for long.
Here is my favourite set so far.

FATHERHOOD

Expecting
Courage under fire
intestinal fortitude
not for faint of heart 

Delivery
Savage princess bride
front row seat to horror show
magic puff of life

 Home Alone
Ecstasy and fear
two o'clock feeding surprise
little poop machine

Infant Joy
My infant jabbers
endless mumbo jumbo scat
thought I heard "dada

Toddle
"Why Daddy why?"
machine gun question attack
fall asleep at eight.

School
Band-Aids and bullies
I'm tough enough to wear pink
Sports day keeping score

Teenager
"OMG Dad please"
"whatever you're so not cool"
tongue ring heart attack

Surrender
Three daughters, one wife
my life is a tightrope of
calm apologies.

5 comments:

Thanks for stopping for a visit. You comments are appreciated.