Wednesday 13 February 2013

Ready Set ...

Good morning from the Edgisphere!

I am excited to launch my new Blog "Collateral Damn-Edge". This Blog will stand alone in form and content; however, I will cross-reference posts between this site and my Signature Blog "Notes from the Edge" as appropriate. For instance, I intend to follow my Incremental Planning methodology as outlined in my post on Muddling Through.

"Notes from the Edge" is a self improvement blog that is based on my life's experiences and my ongoing effort to be a better Human. I intend to cause some Collateral Damn-Edge as I open the Blogosphere up to the Edgier side of the Edge.

I do not expect the content to be family oriented and I won't be letting my kids read it.

It's not that I intend to be purposefully rude or obscene. My Motto remains:

"Respect All Fear None" 

There is a dark side to life and I intend to explore it here.



My focus will be on creative writing including partaking in various writing challenges and exercises. I will write fictional stories based on my life's experiences.  I've even been known to write the odd poem.

This is a new and exciting venture for me please check it out and keep an open mind.

I will be moving all content that is not in line with self improvement theme from "Notes from the Edge" to this Site.

To start things off I will share some random facts about me from the Trifecta Writing Challenge.



I have just joined this incredibly fun Trifecta Writing Group and I am participating in their Friday Check In for Friday January 20, 2012. I realise it isn't Friday. Nor is it 2012. It is, however, January. So, keeping true to form, I am on the Edge of the Trifecta Friday Check-in.

What is your name (real or otherwise)?

I write my personal Blog as Sam Edge. I was born Jason Samuel Edge; however, my name was legally changed through adoption when I was 6 years old. My "adopted surname" is Gordon - which is why I also have been nicknamed "Flash" over the years. :)


Describe your writing style in three words.

Authentic, edgy and humorous.



How long have you been writing on line?

Since September 2012


Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?

The Writers Box - Gimme Ten. A ten minute uninterrupted, unedited burst of writing based on a weekly "prompt" word.


Describe one way in which you could improve your writing.

I am mildly dyslexic and have a tough time with typos and spelling is a challenge for me.


What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?

Writers write and write what you know.


Who is your favourite author?

Mark Twain and Samuel Clemens

How do you make time to write?

I work at home and write for a living (technical reports)


Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember--it must have a third definition.

Champion


Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading.

Notes From the Edge: Edgy Content


And with that my new Blog begins!

Respectfully from the Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping for a visit. You comments are appreciated.